Sunday, August 8, 2010


This is what I made this weekend, a new journal page. I have been working on jewelry so much, I really felt I had to do this, and felt so much better afterwards. Guess I got my FIX for a couple days! I started by gluing random torn pieces of text, sheet music, and vintage dictionary pages. After it dried I coated it with a light coat of gesso. Then I used matte medium to adhere tissue paper and sewing pattern pieces over that. Then I glued my images, and rubbed a layer of titan buff and raw umber over certain areas. For the scroll work above her head I impressed a foam stamp into golden molding paste, let it dry, and highlighted it with raw umber. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, the texture is wonderful, and the text showing thru ads a great depth.
Ahhhhh, I wish I could play all day long!

Happy week ahead everyone, and thank you as always for being so kind to visit!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Lucky Charms