Sunday, July 5, 2009

FLEA MARKET FINALLY








I finally got to the flea market today. As always, when I go, I get all jittery and nervous just thinking of it while I'm driving there! I get really excited, and as soon as I get there my head starts to spin with all the lovely sites! I get really hyper!! Sunday is the only day I can go, and that's usually only about once a month. Chris is the only vendor that I see most of the time. We have been doing business for years and years, and she is very fair and knows her stuff! I went crazy today trying to pick, and this is what I chose.........A pretty pink quilted oblong box to use as a prop and to stash beady goods, vintage postcards, brass buttons, lots of mother of pearl buttons, a super luscious strand of ruby fire polish czech glass, some tiny black glass beads, an unusual strand of amber, a pair of silver plate medallions of some sort, a FABULOUS old book with some lovely illustrations, and a very unique silk screened folded piece framed in wood!! WOW, I sure had fun! A lot of these things I bought to use in artist trading cards, which I've started to make and hope to share with you soon. That was my day, a nice mind altering Sunday!

9 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Sharon
Oh would I have fun looking for treasures with you! We seem to like the same things...and you're in PA, right? I know there's lots of great antiquing there! I really like your pink glove box and all of the vintage postcards. Looks like you found some wonderful things.

Esther said...

wowooow a lot of treasures Sharito!! the buttons are so cute!!! i'm exited to see what you will do with all this little pieces!!

stregata said...

Great treasures, Sharon! So many lovelies and wouldn't I have loved to go with you!!! Can't wait to see what you are going to do. What was that about ATCs....

sharon said...

Hi Cindy, Lilibulle, and Renate! I wish we could all go together next time!!!! Renate, do you do ATC's...I'm a novice but would loooove to share!

SummersStudio said...

Oh you lucky girl. What nice finds you have. As beautiful as the pieces are on they will be fabulous once you've worked your magic on them. Have fun!

Silver Parrot said...

Looks like you found some wonderful things!

Judy said...

Treasure hunting is my #1 thing to do, I just love it! You got some sweet finds.
P.S. Your blog looks awesome!

Beth Anderson said...

Awesome - looks like you hit the jackpot!
Can't wait to see what you create with some of those treasures.

lilylovekin said...

Sharon, I know how you feel about getting all nervous and jittery before you get to the market. You got some wonderful buttons, I hope you show us what you do with them. Lorrie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Lucky Charms