Monday, July 20, 2009

LOYALTY




Seems like it's the week of Summers Studio Pottery, and well it should be, LeAnn is the best! I have noticed that great minds think alike, and I have seen a few postings very recently, all featuring LeAnn's pendants! She must be a magnetic force, or all the moons are aligned correctly, or something!! I think( again!) that this is one of my favorite pieces!!! I haven't really used black too much, and when I found these vintage black czech beads at my flea market source, I new this was what I wanted for LeAnn's fabulous pendant! The button was also perfect, again, vintage. I paired it up with some of that unusual vintage amber, one of LeAnn's little green ceramic beads, hematite rounds, and some brass metal rings. I fell in love with this pendant and bought it a while ago, but just made the necklace last week while on my "staycation". It reminds me so much of royalty, and regalness, castles and moors, women with beautiful poofy gowns and headpieces.....ohhh, guess I was daydreaming a bit! It's a fairytale piece to me!! I will put it on etsy later in the week.......or not, I'm not sure yet! I'd like to be royalty for a while, if only in my own mind...lol!!

17 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Sharon
Just popped in to your blog and was surprised to see a new post...and guess what? I just bought a few of LeAnn's pendants today...great minds do think alike!! This necklace is absolutely beautiful...another favorite now. I don't think I could part with it if I were you!! I just love all of the details..and that vintage button clasp is so pretty. Will be writing to ya soon...

SummersStudio said...

Oh darn, I'm not the first comment. But, Sharon, this is seriously beautiful and very original, very Sharon. And we all know how much I love black ;). I love the vintage button closure! I love the black beads. I love how everyone who uses one of my pendants makes it their own and gives it a life beyond the work table. Great minds may think alike but you clearly had your own beautiful vision.

stregata said...

Ooooooh Sharon, I really like this!! Beautiful colour combination!! Love those black Czech beads. And the amber...
I am waiting for "my" LeAnn pendants to arrive in the mail. Should be any day now.

sharon said...

Thanks Cindy, LeAnn and Renate! I really enjoyed this.....it's funny that I haven't used black because all my clothes are black, black car....looks like I'll have to try it more often!

Kristin said...

Lovely! I just love LeAnn's work, and yours too Sharon!

Beth Anderson said...

The color combination is awesome in the necklace - lovely!

mairedodd said...

this really is so pretty and i love seeing how people work with the glazes, either picking up on multiple colors or going monochromatic...this is really pretty... the vintage bead is perfect...

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Wonderful! Great combination! I am drawn to the vintage czech black beads. They have such a nice luster to them and the pendant is perfect. It has a regal look to it without being "stuffy" so I will definitely have to check out LeAnn's beauties.

lilylovekin said...

I love the new necklace,especially the antique button with the black czech beads. You must have good luck at the flea markets!

The Joy of Nesting said...

Oh so very cool Missy!!!

I'm right there with you on a daydream of castles and regally dressed ladies!! But I see your creation on the neck of a Scottish Highland chiefton's wife. :) There is the thistle on the clasp, the highland wildflowers in LeAnn's focal, the colors, kilts,scottish plaids, and of course the "pipes"!! You have ever so sudtlely blended everything together to create a beautiful story!! I love art pieces that do that :) It's so much more magical then mearly stringing beads on a wire!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Anonymous said...

oh, it's just lovely!

Silver Parrot said...

Oh, this is beautiful. And now I like this design with LeAnn's work better than mine and wish I'd bought this pendant LOL!

sharon said...

Thank you so much Kristen, Beth, Marie, Leslie, Lorrie, Patti, Marbella, and Silver Parrot..... and I hope I didn't forget anyone. I think that LeAnn's pieces start the story, they are so intricate, and the colors are moving, you ladies have made my day!

Tammy and Rob said...

WOW, this is gorgeous!!!
I guess those few days of relaxation helped ;0 I am really enjoying seeing all the new pieces you are creating!

sharon said...

Thanks Tammy!

Prairie Emporium said...

Sharon, I think the necklace is beautiful. And I am still excited from yesterday.

Jo said...

Anyone would feel like a Queen wearing this:) Very lovely!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Lucky Charms