Saturday, March 12, 2011

WHAT I'M DOING NOW






This is a little peek at a personal project I started to work on recently. I have always loved embroidery, the little stitches, the colors. I started this a year ago and didn't get very far, but for some reason it has been calling me and I am really becoming obsessed with it. I signed up for this e class by Teresa McFayden of My Minutia , and I love her style.....as I said a year ago. Guess I'll just go with it. It is a big departure from my neutral palette, so the color is making me feel good and alive.

BTW, I've had that box of threads since Briana was 3, she is now 21!

Does anyone else get those feelings of loving things that they can't explain why, like this? Little stitches, handwork, seeing colors together, fabrics, textures, cloth, white, string, ribbon??????


10 comments:

Doreen said...

Oh yes! I do so love embroidery! It is something my grandma taught me many years ago. I know what you mean though about a certain artful thing calling your name. Sometimes just seeing a beautiful piece of embroidery will call me back to doing it.

Marcie Abney Carroll said...

I love the colors your using! Just gorgeous!

Dreaming Woods said...

i truly know what you mean! my favorite color combination are pea green and fuchsia, but i never use colors like these on my jewelries. i love clothes designed by Gudrun Sjoden, the colors she use.

i have wanted to try embroidery for a long time also, but have not done yet. your embroidery Sharon looks absolutely lovely!!!

stregata said...

That is a BIG project! Glad you are doing something that makes you feel good.
I feel that way about making jewelry - I really can't explain why I so love filing and cutting metal and getting dirty in the process, but I do, I really do.
Your box of embroidery threads looks so gorgeous...

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

It looks beautiful already, Sharon.
Have aa lovely Sunday.
Hugs,
Marie

Dorthe said...

Dear Sharon,
it looks like a wonderfull "little " project,-little projects, can take soooo long time-and give soo much joy.I love your box with all the threads inside, that would make me happy, too- -like my rustet pieces, driftwood, snails-houses- and so much more- like all the things you mention,too.
Happy sunday sweet- I hope you are feeling good.
Hugs, Dorthe

Lesley Edmonds said...

What a great project - it looks really fun and colourful and if it's making you feel good then it's doing a good job!!

Me? I just love a 'new book'. The feel, the smell, the knowledge that it's never been opened before!

Lesley x

thekathrynwheel said...

Another string to your bow! Amazing :-)

Donna said...

I love ribbons and fibers, the colors and textures just make me happy. I also love beads!!!!

zara james said...

Thanks for the Inspiration and I to can TOTALLY Relate to some of the quality points here. This gorgeous piece is Awesome! Bought one like theis only last year, hoping to get some mileage out of it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Lucky Charms