Friday, August 21, 2009

HELGA'S WEEKLY ART CHALLENGE

copyright Sharon Borsavage 8/21/2009. All rights reserved.

This week, Helga, from My Artistic Life, and owner of Artchix, gave us a challenge using a gorgeous masterboard that she created, and it was just beautiful in itself. It was sooooo much fun working with all of these beautiful colors and images....so this is what I came up with. The piece is 5"x7" and done on heavy scrapbook paper. The lady is an image from an Artchix collage sheet La Belle Femme, the birds, border, arms , nest and stars are from Helga's masterboard sheet, the wings are from Itkupilli.etsy, the words are from Artchix's Her Words collage sheet, and the crown is from Paper Whimsy. I added color to the background with oil pastels, markers, and gel pens. Guess I went nuts again, but it's so much fun I can't help myself!!

13 comments:

Cindy said...

Sharon
Your pieces seem to have more and more depth and detail. This is a larger piece than usual, right? What a great piece of art to display in your studio. Well done! :-)

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

This is so cool, Sharon! And what a great message. Are the birds part of her wings? I like how you pieced all of the parts together to give it so much meaning.

stregata said...

Great piece, Sharon. Do you feel more comfortable with this format or with the ATCs?

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I think you're a fibber. I cannot believe you haven't been doing collage work a good long while! Oh my gosh, another wonderful piece. I love the richness in your design - rich shapes and colors and a boldness I can't describe well. Very, very well done! You keep goin, girl! You're amazing me!

Esther said...

it's so cooooooooooooooool!!! love this collage!! your backgound is just crazy!! i love!! you have a real style my sharito!!

http;//www.papermoonies.blogspot.com said...

oh this is so lovely.
I love Art Chix too. Helga is awsome, right!
Brittany
http;//www.papermoonies.blogspot.com

sharon said...

Thank you all so so much ladies!!! I can't tell you how much I enjoy this, it's just happening, that's all I can say!!
Fibber you say Marsha!! BELIEVE ME when I say I have NEVER done a collage until 3 weeks ago, but I can tell you it's because of all this wonderful influence around me!
Renate, I'm not sure what I like best yet, I am still working on ATC's too. When will you start Renate?!

Terri Kahrs said...

"Going crazy" suits you to a "T"! This piece is awesome! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Nancy Baumiller said...

Oh gosh! I would have to agree with Marsha/Tumblefish!! This is completely amazing...great colors, detail and composition!! WOW!! xoxo

lilylovekin said...

Thank you for showing this lovely piece by Helga. I loved the colors in it, they are my favorite and it made me happy just to look at it. Helped with part of my plan of the day of getting in a good mood. thanks.

SueBeads said...

I love the colors, especially red! And I'm not a real red person, but this is just great!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, just beautiful!

creativelenna said...

i love your collage sharon, absolutely. it sings! : ) lenna

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Lucky Charms