Wednesday, September 16, 2009

LENNA & LEANN

"To Have And To Hold" by Lenna Andrews

"Tranquil"

Lenna and LeAnn are two ladies I would consider to be good friends of mine. I have known LeAnn Weih, of Summers Studio, since Feb. when I started my blog, and she was kind and friendly from day one, and still is. Her work is beyond excellent, she is a master craftsman of her trade, pottery and ceramics, and she is one of the kindest, down to earth people, and most sincere people that I know. I love to buy her products, which are the round flower ceramic disks on the earrings.
Her "down to earthiness" quality really shows in everything she does. and I really feel a sort of peacefulness when I touch LeAnn's pieces, and these disks said something very "quiet" to me. Yes, I feel my way through most everything I make, and can usually feel it from others too.
Which brings me to a new friend, Lenna Andrews, that I met through Helga Stauss's weekly challenges at "My ARTistic Life". I so fell in love with Lenna's "To Have And To Hold" piece that she created, that I asked her if she would trade with me, and she graciously accepted . I know Lenna pours her feelings into her creations. I don't know her very well yet, but I certainly can Feel that she is a warm and generous soul. To me, beauty always shows in someone's creations if it is done with feeling . I strive to always do that. I sent Lenna my "Love" necklace, a beautiful exchange. Lenna's work ios so extensive, I haven't seen a fraction of everything she has done. I do see she does a lot with fabric, and I do see her pieces are beautiful. Visit Lenna and her flickr site to see a bit of her beauty!

tranquil available on etsy

6 comments:

stregata said...

Love the way you paired up LeAnn's charms with the beads - very serene and lovely! LeAnn is truly a wonderful friend!! And the art by Lenna Andrews - well, I can see why you fell in love with it!
As for people in the Blogiverse - you yourself are also one of those kind and helpful friends!! Thank you for extending your friendship to all of us!

sharon said...

Thank you Renate!! You are always here to talk to me everyday, and that itself is special to me, not to mention your constant inspiration from your beautiful pieces. Sooooo looking forward to having a little bit of you touch my heart when I can wear the necklace we will soon send around!!

Esther said...

my dear!! your earrings are so beautiful.. in the spirit of Leann, quiet and simply charming..
Lena's fabrics artwork is stunting too..

SummersStudio said...

Sharon, my friend, you make my day worth getting up for! What nice things you say and I love what you have done with those simple little charms. One of my greatest delights in life is seeing how wonderfully creative people like you transform a simple thing in to a great beauty. Thank you!!!!

And Lenna's work is quite amazing. That is such a nice quote, one I may have to put up on my wall. I will definitely head over to check out her work. I'm enjoying so much the artist's you discover and share with us.

Hugs, LeAnn

Terri Kahrs said...

Gorgeous artwork! Thank you soooo much for introducing me to another wonderful artist. I can see why you feel in love with this piece. And I can "see" the serenity in those beautiful disks. Beautiful post today, Sharon! Hugs, Terri

creativelenna said...

sharon! what a way with words you have as well as a very creative and generous spirit. thank you for all the kind things you have said, i am honored. i am so glad you love my fabric collage, i adore my 'love' necklace! life is grand with people like you in it. xo lenna

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Lucky Charms