Sunday, July 31, 2011

IN LOVE








I have recently discovered that I enjoy making these journal pages so much, because I am making such a statement about my personal life and my personality when I do it....da....yes, it took me ages to realize that I didn't pull random things together. It annoyed the hell out of me forever that it takes me so long to make a page. If it doesn't sit well and feel right, it is not done, no matter what. I still do not like to write, never have, I prefer to be the artist that I am and portray my feelings in pictures and techniques, and the audience can always interpret what they will. That has always been art to me. This is as open as it gets, and it has been helping me feel better.
It was a rough week, haven't felt good, emotional chaos, up and downs, and I am just trying to figure it all out. I am doing my best, and I appreciate each and every one of you for your kindness, encouragement and genuine love. You are all a part of me and my process, and I am grateful.

16 comments:

Juliette said...

You are a bright star, and I love reading your posts. :)

stregata said...

Sorry to hear you have had a bad week - sending all the good feelings, love and healing wishes that I can summon your way!
Of course there is something of you in everything you create and it is beautiful! Thank you for always sharing yourself.

Miss Iowa said...

I can completely relate! I've never been one to write in a journal, yet I've started to art journal in fits and starts. And it takes me forever to "finish" a page. I'm trying to learn to just enjoy the journey without caring about reaching a preconceived destination. It helps to share that journey with a fellow artist!

roc said...

your journal page is wonderful! sorry to hear you've had some ups and downs. it happens to all of us at some point in time. i hope it passes quickly and your spirit will feel refreshed and renewed soon.

steufel said...

Ohh, so sorry to hear about your week. Hopefully this one will me the opposite. And you are an inspiration for me so thank you for that!

Diane said...

I'm so glad that you share yourself with us--I hope this week is a better one!!

SummersStudio said...

I think it takes much time to figure out who we are and what we are truly feeling. Doing it visually and intuitively as you are must be quite healing. Hope you have a much better week.

Caterina Giglio said...

I agree with you, isn't journal work liberating... just for us, no one to please but us and a record of our life and emotion... I love your page..

creativelenna said...

I lOvE your journal pages Sharon. I am so sorry to hear you had an emotional week but I think working in your art journal is a good way to work those feelings. Take care of yourself! xxo lenna

Lesley Edmonds said...

Hang in there lovely Sharon! This is a beautiful page for your journal.
xx

Steph said...

Beautiful collage and art pages Sharon!! have a good week..

Esther said...

Love this page , Sharon. I like when you put flowers on the head of people.. what a power!! romizous

Unknown said...

I usually gesso over anything I write :)
And it's a rare person who can "read" the art
But, life is too complicated for just a sentence or two
Hoping for you to have "listening" hearts nearby to relieve some of the stress .....

Rosy Siani said...

Your journal pages are simply love..ly :))

Bye Rosy!

Dorthe said...

Dearest Sharon- --we already talked....but you know I love your art, and I love you-
smiles,Dorthe

Renee Stien said...

sorry things haven't been going well for you lately - hopefully it will turn around soon. your journal page is gorgeous and hopefully this and more like it will help you get things back as they should be. xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Lucky Charms