Thursday, May 14, 2009

MY PAST LIFE





A little while ago I made reference to my days of painting, so here are some, and a shot of a self portrait in charcoal. Keep in mind these are at least 26 years old. My perspective on them, I'm sure is quite closed at this point, and I have not been critiqued in as many years. One photo is a close-up to show you the layering and texture. My apologies for the bad photos. These were a series of women in landscapes. The first one is 9"x11", the second is 24"x24", the next is a close-up and the portrait is 16"x20".


10 comments:

Kristin said...

These are gorgeous Sharon! Especially the last one!

Anonymous said...

I love them all and I love the colors.
I haven't picked up a brush in ages. I'm so sad about that.

Sharon said...

I love your use of color and texture to convey a visual story.

Anonymous said...

I love the energy conveyed in your paintings.

stregata said...

Beautiful colours, quite what I find myself using. Thank you for sharing this part of your soul. I find paintings are very much a part of that and I think you are very courageous.

SummersStudio said...

Sharon, they've got so much colour and energy. Actually I can see a bit of that use of colour and texture in your jewelry work. Do you still paint at all?

lilylovekin said...

Thank you for sharing your past. I love the colors you used in your paintings. It must be nice to be so talented in different areas of art.

sharon said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

LeAnn, I haven't painted in years, my little house makes it difficult space wise, and the rest of the family won't tolerate the fumes of oil paint. I have no where else to do it, and yes, at times, I do miss it. And then there is the issue of what to do with all of them and where to store them.

Beth Anderson said...

thanks for sharing - you should take up painting again - you have talent and a way with color. Keep sharing if you do.....

Esther said...

the second one is stunting!! realy!! what did you stop painting??

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Lucky Charms