Sunday, June 14, 2009

PRAYER FLAG



The team over at Objects and Elements is having a closure challenge, so I used this opportunity to work in a new closure and some other things I've been meaning to try. I ordered some of their sari silk recently, and was dying to use it. I combined that with a patinaed and stamped copper piece that I made, also set some eyelets in, then got out the torch, burned some ball ends on brass and sterling and wrapped it all together. It's strange how I can go from stitching( so quiet!), to hammering and torching and it all makes me so happy!!
When I saw the silk, it immediately reminded me of the prayer flags in Nepal. I have never been there, but my brother traveled there a few years ago and has a beautiful collection of photos...someday I hope to post some of those.
I would like to propose a challenge for all of us, a non tangible challenge, and never ending, but not always so easy,.......... let's all try to live by this word!!

19 comments:

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

absolutely awesome, sharon! i love this piece...

stregata said...

Just beautiful, Sharon!!! I bet that sari silk is wonderful to work with! Your Use the Muse project is very intriguing... looking forward to more.

The Joy of Nesting said...

It's a wonderful piece!! What a very suttle way to express a belief rather then screaming out a much over used phrase :) Most Excellent Sharon!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

sharon said...

Thank you Cristi, Renate, and Patti....I am enjoying this.

Kristin said...

Okay, Sharon, this is my very favorite thing you've ever made (and that's saying a lot because I love everything you do). Just breathtaking.

Anne, Bulles dorées said...

wowowow !! stunning !!!!!!!

SueBeads said...

I love it! I love the sari silk, too, and they way you combined everything!

sharon said...

Thank you Kristen, Anne, and Sue....your all so encouraging to me!

Jennifer Stumpf said...

that is lovely, sharon. i have some of that object & elements sari silk in my stash too! great minds thing alike...=)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sharon....I wanted to pay you a visit and thank you for yours!

What beautiful, inspired, pieces. The bracelet is a beauty. I'm looking forward to getting to know your work.

Be well! Love.

sharon said...

Thanks Rachel and Jen!!

Esther said...

this is so so amazing!! bravo Sharon!!!!

Jill said...

This bracelet is BEAUTIFUL!!! you have some amazing designs!
Blessings!

Deryn Mentock said...

An absolutely lovely piece, Sharon and a great clasp!

lilylovekin said...

What a challenge to try a live up to. But if everyone of us was trying to live a more peace filled life I know this world would be a more gentle place.

sharon said...

Thank you Lilibulle, Deryn, and Lorrie!!

Tammy and Rob said...

This is a great piece Sharon, so beautifully put together and I love the Santo!!!

sharon said...

Thanks Tammy!!

Gold Charm said...

The charms are very interesting and make the bracelet very fancy and attractive.May be personal names can also be engraved in them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Lucky Charms