Wednesday, August 26, 2009

STOP MAKING SENSE!

copyright sharon borsavage 2009
This is a piece I did for a skinny book project, part of a Zettiology group on flickr, hosted by Jade of Jade's Funki Junk! Jade is a doll, and a great mixed media and zetty artist. Everyone(about 20 of us), makes an original piece of zetty art, and then ,makes 20 copies and mails them to Jade , and she will be kind enough to put them together and mail a book to everyone! I'm very excited to be involved with all of these terrific artists.
I really had fun with this piece! I can't explain how I enjoy this so much....once I start to play with pieces of collage items, and draw and color, my mind just keeps going, I could go forever, except fatigue usually takes over. It's like dreaming awake for me, a freight train speeding with ideas....I feel powerful, like I am describing something with pictures, my thoughts, my stories, my wild wishes. Like this girl, sometimes I wish I could shove my hand at someone and scream, "this is nonsense"! Sometimes I struggle through daily life fighting depression over the state of our world, and enviroment, and general attitude, I find it hard sometimes to not let that affect my day. Here, I know show you,a bit of my twisted little mind! lol!! For those of you not scared away yet...thank you for being a friend!

collage consists of girls face from Itkupilli.etsy.com, body from collage visions, hand from paper whimsy, bird and nonsense word from artchix, other words and eye from magazine clippings, everthing else hand drawn and cut.

11 comments:

stregata said...

So far, this is my favorite! Looks like you are diving in deep in collage and mixed media and I love what you are uncovering!!

Esther said...

wow sharon!! i love it!! it's crazy!!

SummersStudio said...

Sharon, this is the very best of all!I think the painter inside you is screaming to get out and express itself in a new and fabulous way. This piece feels so spontaneous and full of life. I too would love to sometimes hold out my hand and say 'nonsense.' But politeness hold me back. Next time I feel that way I'm just going to think of this piece and smile inside.

Mari said...

Sharon this is adsolutely my favorite!!! Both for the collage itself and for the way she express herself!!! Definitely she is full of life. You do a great job!!!

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

That will be so exciting when you get the book. What a great idea!

sharon said...

I think it is my favorite too! Thank you all so much!

Terri Kahrs said...

This is a "Wow", Sharon!!! Fantastic! Can't believe you're "new" to collage and mixed media. You were born to do this work. I envy the way you express yourself with such freedom and joy! And I love the way you've described the artistic process. It's exactly how I feel when I'm involved in creating a piece. You GO, Girl!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

This is crazy cool! I love it!

I just received 2 large prints from my favorite zetti artist, Teesha Moore. I could stare at them for days.

Nicole Merkens said...

I love this one- and I dont think you have a twisted mind!
xo- Nicole

Cindy said...

Sharon
Wow...this one just jumped right out at me...it is so cool! You've really found your niche in creative expression. I agree with LeAnn's sentiments too. Thank you for sharing a little piece of yourself...and no, we're not scared away. We keep coming back to see more! :-)

The Joy of Nesting said...

Oh Sharon,

What an wonderful self potrait!!! Is it not funny how we are lead to discover our gifts!!?? You have an amazing way of expression when you create your jewelry. But it's through your emerging mix media art that your incredible gifts of expression are truly revealed!!

This collage is you putting out your hand and saying "Nonsense" Those things we say through art are far more powerful them just speaking them!! Besides you are an Artist and as Emily Zola says "I am an artist...I am here to live out loud" :)

Pattie ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Lucky Charms