Monday, September 28, 2009

BLUE SKY

This is an ATC I did over the weekend for the Artchix group bi weekly lottery. The theme is enchantment. All I can think is that lately I have been enchanted by blue, just can't get enough of it! Since delving into mixed media I also have taken on an odd affection for pink. When I was in college I loved pink, and then at some point I began to hate it, and have not really used it for a looooooong time. But now I'm liking it again. You may laugh, but I think part of that influence comes from Esther! The first time I saw Esther's blog, there was a lot of pink floating around, and I was immediately enchanted with it....it looked magical! The little pink stars that float around when you move your curser on her French blog are adorable!! So I think that she has inadvertently helped me to appreciate pink. But back to blue, that's the obsession of late. Does anyone else ever have a complete reversal of color preference?

10 comments:

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

I'm starting to like flashier colors which I've never be attracted to before. I'm usually very "plain Jane" but I've found myself looking at fushia, purples, and even yellow. Maybe looking at how someone else uses the color in a creative way changes our perspective.

stregata said...

My colour preferences are fairly stable. But who knows what the future will bring? Love this ATC!

Esther said...

lovely atc!!! very:YOU!!
thank you for your tribute!! i'm in love with pink.. but since i know you... i love blue!!??? so as renate's said... what the futur will bring??
I'm quite obsessional with bleu , pink and orange.. browns and greens are dificults for me...

SummersStudio said...

Oddly enough, I am beginning to like pink as well. I've never liked pink. I even bought pink socks the other day. but I do love the blue in your latest really great ATC. Nice bird on head!

lilylovekin said...

I am loving blue and always have, I hope that doesn't change since I just painted my entire house that color!! Love the ATC and all the work you do.

Unknown said...

I hated blue for almost all my life then 5 years ago my husband died and . I do not know wah happened I started wearing blue jeans . My living room has a blue theme HMMMM

Unknown said...

LOVELY ATC, Sharon! Oh, God, I love the colours you have used! Wonderful job!!!
Lots of love, Sanda xx

sharon said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by today and your constant support!

The Joy of Nesting said...

Sharon like the others I love the way you use blue. Actually any color is magic in your hands!! :)

Blue has always been one of my favorite colors. As for pink I haven't seen the light yet.Being blue eyed and blond wearing pink would have been the kiss of death in the professional world especially when your name ends in an ie. :) Even though it doesn't matter now I still think of pink not being much of a color. :)

Laura Bray said...

Oh Sharon! I received your ATC in the mail yesterday. I'm working on inventory for a show this weekend, then I'll send one back. Thank you for the pink heart of hope.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Lucky Charms