Monday, February 22, 2010

MAIL ART

Here is some new mail art I created, for a swap of course. After ATC's this is my next favorite...mail art. It's so much fun , and it's great when you receive them too. As you can see, I like to let me imagination run wild here. For this one I used some vintage text, collage pieces of birds and fish, and markers, and paint. The focal image of the two girls is from a new stamp from Artistic Outpost" called "Birds of a Feather." You can check out all their stamps at this link, http://www.artisticoutpost.com/. Their stamps are unusual and really great!
And I haven't forgotten about jewelry too, I'll post some later this week.

12 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Oh, fish, I love the fish. They are so unexpected but really just right.

Cindy McMath said...

Fantastic postcard Sharon!

Cindy :)

stregata said...

Great mail art, Sharito! That is a neat stamp... you really have the greatest stamps!

mairedodd said...

beautiful! and how fun to see one of those in your mailbox!

Diane said...

I love looking at all of your different artwork, and thanks for the link!!

Lisa Somerville said...

What a cool piece of mail art! Thanks for using Artistic Outpost images.

Auntie Cake said...

Hey Sharon,
It's always so much fun to stop by here and look at all you have been creating! Once again, I love your work! Have a great day!
Kate

Anonymous said...

very fun!

Kella said...

Don't want to come across thick but what exactly is mail art? I have a few ideas but I not sure any of them are right?

Cindy said...

Oh leave it to you to create this amazing piece of mail art! Love that stamp you used too....how do you color it in, with Copic markers? So much to learn.....

creativelenna said...

beautiful mail art!!!!

Esther said...

so cute!! love the 2 girls on a big fish!! your style have no limits!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Lucky Charms