Wednesday, March 2, 2011

SPIRIT





Just had to share these photos of the jackpot I hit at the flea last weekend. This is the absolute truth......I visit one woman who has a combination of booths. One is jam packed with household items and jewelry, the other side is all vintage clothes, and material, bedspreads, purses, shoes, curtains, etc. I am forever torn between buying jewelry items or things for my house that I don't NEED, but WANT! My next visit I am going to try to treat my self to household things I like, but it is soo soo hard to spread the money!
Chris is her name, and I can tell she has been on the lookout for me because this time, as you can see, she has some of the most awesome religious pieces I have ever seen, and I am currently using them in some projects, again, trying not to keep for myself. I feel so connected when I work with these pieces. They are a part of my spirit, and I look forward to touching them and hoping someone else who may buy jewelry with these included can feel the same understanding that I do.
I also grabbed the cute quilted tray to stash them in!
Thanks for visiting, and taking the time to comment, I really appreciate that.

20 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

I am totally digging the perspective on the last shot. Lots of treasure there! I am on the hunt for flea market finds... old floral jewelry. I am in a gallery exhibit in May and have to get crackin! I have to interpret four poems into jewelry and for one I am doing a vintage floral theme. Enjoy the day!
Erin

jessememan said...

I am in love with all your swag! I need to start looking for that kind of thing to embellish some of my rosary work with...lovely stuff!

Riki Schumacher said...

Wow, great treasures Sharon, truly a jackpot! And congrats on your published article, I just saw it at the store, beautiful! You rock. Thanks for coming by. Take care, Riki

stregata said...

Wowsa, Sharito - look at those treasures!!! Such unusual pieces, so awesome! Can't wait to see what you do with them.
Yes, flea marketing is always full of decisions - there are so many gorgeous things, I usually leave many great finds behind, because I really can't get them all... sigh.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

WOW, great treasures,Sharon!!
Can't wait to see what you do with them.I'm sure it will be gorgeous.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
MARIE

Esther said...

oh mY God!! what awesome they are!!Bingo sharon!

Lori P said...

Ooooh! You lucky lady - what fun you'll have with these.

Dorthe said...

Oh sweetheart, wow- I`m happy for you, to find such a gorgeus bunch of old beautifull religious pieces-
They are wonderfull- and looking so good in the tray.
I wish you happy creating with them---it is allowed to keep some for yourself :))
Warm hugs,Dorthe

Diane said...

These make me smile so much!! They all have their own story--don't you wish they could talk?! I miss my flea markets!

Sue said...

Wow lucky you what a great flea market that sounds to be!! To find one or two pieces would be great, but a box full, oh my!!

Unknown said...

Wow! You really did hit the jackpot - lucky girl! What a great pile of treasures.

somethingunique said...

Hi Sharron,u lucky gal what a jackpot of inspiration,we don't have flea markets here at all, my bro yard sales for me though and sometimes has some primo finds, Thank for sharing i enjoy your posts ttfn Lana

Karen Larko said...

Great find! I'm looking forward to some flea markets myself.

Theresa Plas said...

Lots of inspiration and potential S!

Dragonfodder Jewellery Diary said...

What beautiful things, our markets don't have the variety that yours do. I adore putting old stuff into jewellery. Have fun. I know what you mean about wanting to keep things for yourself, I'm always concerned other people won't appreciate the memories old pieces hold.

t said...

Such great stuff!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Judy said...

I am loving each piece you got...fabulous stuff!

The prayers and faith that is embedded in those religious beads and medals will all be yours...God Bless.

Lesley Edmonds said...

What a fabulous find!! All so beautiful and crying out for you to include them in your jewelry. Lots of inspiration for you there Sharon, can't wait to see what you create.
x

Anonymous said...

Sharon! What great metals and rosarys! You always find such fantastic stuff!

Pretty Things said...

Oh wow, you sure DID hit the jackpot!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Lucky Charms