Thursday, April 21, 2011

RECENTLY







Recently, as in this past weekend, I went to the flea market to visit my favorite stand. She is really the only lady I visit, and I don't mind! I didn't get a lot of things , but what I got I am in love with. Briana and I fell in love with this vintage piece of material, and I am thinking I am going to make a kitchen valance with it. Lately I have this thing for red..red in home decor, not really jewelry, my red in jewelry turns more to burgundy, but I have broken out a bit with my Happy bracelet a few posts ago! I fell in love with the old red tin still holding the talc inside, and yes, it still has fragrance, mellow, but nice. I have a few old french perfume containers like this that I love....just because. Same for the buttons, I have tons, but these are just so cute, and the patina can never be duplicated. Love that old pin too! I found a beautiful strand of tiny garnets, and a funky strand of amber that really need to lose the gold! I have loads of ideas brewing already! Hope you enjoyed my simple little tour!
Wishing you all a beautiful Eater , holiday, and weekend! Thank you so much for visiting!

12 comments:

creativelenna said...

It looks like you had a most wonderful visit to this one lady's booth. I love those buttons!
Have a wonderful restful weekend, Sharon xoxoxox

Judy said...

Great finds! You never know what you will find, that is the fun of it! I am off to the Nashville Flea Market tomorrow morning.

stregata said...

Am drooling over your finds - those buttons!! The amber and garnets are wonderful - can't wait to see them turn up in your jewelry.
Wishing you a most wonderful Easter weekend.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Wonderful finds,Sharon!!!!
Love those buttons:)
Wishing you a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter.
Hugs,
Marie

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

The hunt for small treasures that bring joy and have meaning is so much more fun than going to some big shopping mall and buying something new. I know you will create some lovely pieces with all these bits you gathered. Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

Esther said...

little treasures! love the little bottle and garnet too!!

Dorthe said...

Yes dear Sharon,I so enjoyed the tour-and love your buyes, sweet- the buttons looks wonderful-and the bottle, and garnet will look great in your home.
As for amber, I have many pieces ,and loves it-I know you will make fantastic use of this necklace,dearest.
Sharon I wish you pieceful,and lovely easter-dayes-so good you have some dayes off,dear friend.
Thanks for your mail,-you will hear from me.
Love and hugs,Dorthe

Diane said...

These are wonderful--I love seeing everyone's flea market finds--I can't wait to go to the outdoor ones around here!

romantic decay said...

Looking forward to seeing your finished ideas!

Barbara Lewis said...

You've got some goodies for sure! Happy Easter to you too!

Karen Larko said...

Beautiful finds! I so love everything vintage!

Mary Newton Designs said...

Love the buttons! What treasures!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Lucky Charms