Wednesday, October 12, 2011

JUST GLUE



For the first time in months I was moved to create a journal spread. No foo foo involved, paints, inks, and various other sticky stuff, just glue and paper and the need to follow my emotion quickly. I am struggling this year like never before with heavy thoughts and I am feeling restless. I feel a need to tell my story but not so literally so as everyone has to listen. This quick (ish) gluing is helping me tell my story rather quietly, but effectively enough to help me feel a bit better. I liked the way this turned out, and am still restraining to pull out a marker or something!
On another note, I am 9 followers away from 500, and when I reach that number I will have a generous giveaway! Everyone has been so generous to me.
Thanks for taking a peek, and happy rest of the week! Hugs to all!

13 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow what a great collage Sharon.
Amazing play with glue. Stunning work.

jessememan said...

Hugs to you, Sharon...you are such a talented soul :)

Dorthe said...

My dear Sharon-your told story is fantastic made, and I understand it very well-I so hope the dark cat dissapeers again, dear friend.
Love and hugs,Dorthe

Gaby Bee said...

I just wanted to say it's no surprise you have so many followers, your artwork is fantastic!

Love your journal spread.

Hugs,
Gaby

Diane said...

This is the best way to work through your feelings, and it ALWAYS helps you.
Love your "painting" with paper.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi dear Sharon,
I just love when you play with glue and paper!!Beautifully done and I can read the story:)
I think you will have no problem in reaching 500 very soon!
Have a wonderful day.
Sending hugs your way.
Marie

roc said...

what a beautiful journal spread sharon! your talent never ceases to amaze me. and congratulations on the 500 followers - which i'm positive will be happening very very soon!
if you need to talk - i'm here for you! have a fantastic day and remember - you are loved dearly!

Anonymous said...

Nice Sharon, sometimes a glue stick is all it takes, make me get lost in meditation, that's for sure. Almost 500 terrific. xox Corrine

Terri Kahrs said...

Lots and lots of loving thoughts are heading your way, Sharon! OMG! This journal spread is fabulous. One talent begets another. Sometimes the only way we can tell our story is through our art - Art DOES heal! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Lesley Edmonds said...

This is lovely. You stay in my thoughts and prayers. Just take one day at a time dear friend x

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

WOW 500 followers!
I like this journal page, it feel authentic and strong. Our minds can haunt us can't they! Know you are not alone. I love Frida and funny timing because I just put up my Frida painting on my blog, I would love you to come see :-}

HUGS Lorraine

Unknown said...

This kind of journaling is what I love to do too. Telling a story without too many words ... And I'm really liking the lack of foo foo too :)

romantic decay said...

Wonderful page! Hope your doing better.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Lucky Charms