Wednesday, January 18, 2012

DEVOTION

Here is a quick version of the story of my creative thought process. When I started on these earrings I was so anxious to use these vintage materials, rosary and what I consider an exquisite vintage brass chain. Just holding these makes me a little nuts, and if you are a vintage person you know what I mean. Anyway, the feeling of the rosary instantly starts my mind wandering to God, and my life, and my beliefs....and then I started really being interested in the white colors in the chain and the stones, and then I thought of reverence, being in awe of something, believing.....faith. Don't get me wrong, I fear the thought of sounding like a holy roller because that I am far from. I respect all religions, and when you hear me talk of my faith, it is just that, mine, and it works for me. It doesn't mean you have to be catholic to understand some of my creations, in fact I hardly consider myself catholic, just faithful. It means you have to understand feeling, what creating from the soul means, and understanding. I guess I wish I could convey the power that I feel from these pieces, a indescribable respect. To think of the hands that have held these rosaries before me is profound to me, the strength and power they must have transmitted. I get chills thinking about it. I hope you feel something , anything, for a response of any kind is better than none.

12 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh wow so beautiful earrings Sharon.
Love the little stones. Awesome.

stregata said...

Beyond the fact that these earrings are again serenely beautiful - you have a special knack for that - they are also like a link to the past and the future. How wonderful is that!

Karen Larko said...

I know exactly what you mean Sharon. There is such mystery and romance in every vintage treasure that I bring home. Your earrings are beautiful!

roc said...

love your earrings sharon! loved reading what you wrote about the creation of them, too. such a powerful thought!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

So very beautiful,dear Sharon.Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Marie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the "who" you are Sharon. And the thought of all those prayers that came before, whether we believe exactly like anyone else is faith and our spirituality is what infuses us, informs us and feeds that soul so we can create beautiful pieces like you do. Every time I wear something of yours I think of your hands making it and it shares a part of you with me.
I feel lucky that I get to celebrate the you by wearing your work. xox Corrine

jessememan said...

beautiful, Sharon! I think I come from that same place, spiritually - I'm not Catholic, but I so love creating rosaries!

Dorthe said...

Sharon dear, we don`t have do have the same beliefe, to feel the spirituality coming from pieces created with love and passion ,as your beautiful jewlery are.The power of faith and believing I truly feel when holding one of your wonderful pieces in my hands , just like you did, when starting with bits and pieces, from the past.
You shared some beautiful thoughts ,thankyou sweet friend.
Hugs and love, Dorthe

SummersStudio said...

Before I even read your post I was drawn to the rosary beads. I always find prayer beads from any religious tradition very powerful because of the deep expression of faith that they embody. That these have been handled so lovingly by someone else makes them even more special. You've done honor to them in your earrings.

Unknown said...

Beautiful as always! I love hearing your thought process.

Unknown said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! Patek Philippe prices

CZ Rings said...

Nice Earrings.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Lucky Charms